Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Tia's Chicken Spaghetti

My friend Tia is famous for this Chicken Spaghetti recipe. This may not be excatly what she does but its my take on it. Its followed by my husbands favorite desert-a recipe that is in a Paula Dean cookbook I have.

Tia's Chicken Spraghetti:


3-4 chkn breasts, (bone on and skin on make chicken more moist, but boneless skinless is ok too, but I woould use 4 if boneless and skinless.) Shred once cooled.

1-1 lb box spaghetti noodles-thin

1 onion, chopped and sauteed in a little olive oil until clear

2 cans cream of chicken soup-I use low fat on all of the soups-cuts out lots of calories but tastes the same

1 can cream of mushroom soup

1 can cream of celery soup

1 cup parmesan cheese

2 cups cheddar

Boil chicken breasts until done-about 45 minutes, reserve water from boiling chicken and cook noodles in it. It makes the noodles have great flavor. Salt the water first-or add more water if needed.

Cook 1-lb of spaghetti noodles-I use the thin ones, according to the package directions, drain

Combine shredded chicken with spaghetti, onions, all of the soups, all of cheddar, and half of parm cheese with salt and pepper

Put in sprayed casserole dish and top with the remaining parm, bake on 350 for about 30 minutes and sides start to bubble.







Gooey Butter Cakes-these are the best!!!

One 18 and 1/4 oz package yellow cake mix

1 egg

1 stick regular butter

preheat oven to 350 combine ingredients and mix well, pat into a lightly greased 13x9 inch pan.



To prepare filling:

One 8 oz package cream cheese, softened

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 stick butter

one 16 ounce box powdered sugar.

Beat cream cheese until smooth, add eggs and vanilla. Add butter, beat. Add powdered sugar and mix well. Spread over cake mixture. Bake for 40-50 minutes. You will want center to be a little gooey, so don't over bake. I take them out once they are light brown across the whole top.. let them cool before cutting.



You can tell this is a Paula Deen recipe because of all the butter!!

1 comment:

  1. This is by far one of my most favorite recipes ever! I love the chicken spaghetti! Just had it last week! I love the gooey cakes too. I'm hungry just thinking about them!

    ReplyDelete